BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
All rights reserved for the content writing on this site. Copyright 2014-2017

Monday, April 11, 2016

Death and the Human Experience


Possibly the hardest thing during this time of grieving is to think of all that never will be. My children will have no Grammy to witness so many of their firsts. I will never experience another warm cup of coffee with my mom, no warm embrace, no warm laughter, no more "shut up you little freak!". Mom is gone and there is nothing that I can do about that. I can, however, hold my wife and my children close and love them as a husband and father should. They are my priority. They are what I live for. For I am human and so are they. I will live the human experience and one day die the human experience, but which ever one I am doing I will do it well. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your reflection. Your response to this hard reality and your resolve to focus on what matters is bold and inspiring. It speaks to your character and to the kind of person your mother raised you to be.

Reading and hearing what you are going through makes me revisit and reevaluate my convictions - it causes me to aspire to be a better father and husband. I suppose pain and loss can cause some of the fog to lift, showing us more clearly what we are to live for.

Nathan

Philip CalledtoQuestion said...

@ Nathan

So very true. Perhaps death is a friendly companion reminding us of the importance of loving and appreciating that of which we have.

Kmarie A. said...

And I didn't think I could love you anymore. Oh the paths we have travelled together. The choices...that were integral to bringing us closer or further from each other...and the separate yet together paths that are alongside each other. I am so so sorry for your loss. There is no other love like a mother. And I feel that loss on your behalf deeply although I will never know completely till its my turn. I hope we have many years together. If I lost you I know I would not recover. I will miss her too.

And yes I agree- focusing on the now and what we have is so integral to beauty to the honour of living. I love you and am so grateful for what we have right now.
xoxoo Thank u for showing me how deep is your love...and I hope I continue to show you and value you the way you deserve to be- which is with everything I have.

Philip CalledtoQuestion said...

@ Kmarie A.

Thank you for your thoughts and all your love.

There is no better time than now. Now we dance the dance of life.