BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
All rights reserved for the content writing on this site. Copyright 2014-2017

Thursday, September 3, 2015

PAUL vs. JESUS

ROUND ONE!

PAUL 
vs
JESUS


I often wonder, "If Jesus returned to earth years after his death would he even have recognized the followers or ideals of what he taught. Or would he have looked at Paul and said "Ahhh Man! Paul, what the f!!k did you do!?!." 

I don't think Christians of today understand how much of what they believe and do is actually Greek and Roman Philosophy rather than the teachings of Jesus. Jesus was a Jew after all, he was most certainly not a Christian. In fact he never asked people to be titled Christians but rather, simply, to follow him. To refer oneself as Christian would have been absurd in those days. The term Christian is to mean 'follower of Christ' but do "Christians" of today actually follow Christ or do they follow Paul? I think a more fitting term to refer to themselves, rather than Christians, would be "Paulanity" the 'followers of Paul'. 

In my opinion I think Paul has gotten the better of Jesus, despite how buff Jesus looks.

2 comments:

Ashe Skyler said...

I agree. I haven't done much studying into the history, but what little I did I found quite a few Roman attitudes that seemed in direct opposition to what Jesus said or did.

Kmarie Audrey said...

Ugh..Paul...not my fav ...but most versions of christianity should be called Paulianity