BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
All rights reserved for the content writing on this site. Copyright 2014-2017

Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Virtue of Walking

Now shall I walk or shall I ride? 
'Ride,' Pleasure said; 
'Walk,' Joy replied.
- W.H. Davies


I woke up this morning early and decided a walk would be the best way to start of this day. I did not expect what was to come. The town lay asleep within their homes warm and snuggled up in their beds. It was quite. It was peaceful. It was tranquil. It was everything I needed. So how can I describe it? Well...I'll, ever so briefly, try to share.

The air was thick, its presence was most definitely apparent, yet it was not heavy, it was not burdensome. Each step I took was filled with awareness of being fully engulfed by what was around me. A constant reminder that I am not alone, though no other was within my sight, I walked hand in hand with it. Preparing itself ever so diligently to remind me of its awe, love and majesty, it is as though it knew I was coming.
As I exited my home it immediately embraced me in welcome, rubbing away the sleep still lingering on my eyes and gently guiding me fully more into its essence. Its life giving drink was all about, tenderly moist, softly giving itself to me and all that I saw. Like the tender kisses of a lover all over ones body, so too, it gave itself to me. We breathed one another in, together becoming more in each others presence. Rich in awareness of each other.
It took me as I am, as I took it.

Still, it clings to me as I sit here in remembrance of it.


All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

If you seek creative ideas go walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.
-Raymond I. Myers



7 comments:

Kmarie Jones said...

Interesting... You lover, successfully made me jealous;) maybe I do have a problem with jealousy!;) I only want to be the one to make you feel that way! But then I thought... At least it was creation... I can deal with that;) you should write romance novels. Seriously;) I'd buy those!;) very descriptive and beautiful;)

Kmarie Jones said...

Read it again;) glad you had a lovely walk. Damn, I'm still jealous.

CalledToQuestion said...

Kmarie- Always said you were a green eyed monster:). Don't think romance novels are in store for me. Don't worry, my heart is yours first and foremost. Your Hilarious!

Miriam (Pete) Rashleigh said...

Love those walks, with the unseen; mine are usually during the intense parts of the day, so less pleasurable the way you've described. But I've walked at night a few times, middle of the night, and felt some of that.
;) m.

Amy said...

Beautiful beautiful.. really enjoyed your thoughts this morning.. and so loved the shared quotes about walking... such the truth! Have a gorgeous day!

CalledToQuestion said...

Amy- Thanks Amy. I enjoyed those quotes also. Hope you have a terrific day as well!:)

CalledToQuestion said...

Miriam- I love those middle of the night walks as well. In fact, just the other night, I went for a walk around 1am. I was accompanied by a very full, bright moon. With no breeze, all was still and quite. Loved it!:)