BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
All rights reserved for the content writing on this site. Copyright 2014-2017

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thanksgiving!


Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grows.  
 Henry Ward Beecher

Thank you for everything that comes my way and for the things that do not. Thank you for the hardships and the joys of life. Though, while I struggle through the hardships, I am much better off for them. For the joys, well, they are the icing on the cake. 

Thank you for the gift of relationships and all that comes with them. Thanks for the arrival of great and long-time friends of whom I have just met face to face. Thanks to a friend who's dedication is unsurpassable, a friend, though far away, resides still close within my heart, mind and soul. 

Thank you for a wonderful and inspiring wife who takes me for all my flaws and strengths. A wife who daily inspires me to be more that what I am, all the while, embracing that of which I am. A woman   with whom my dreams know no boundaries. She guides, encourages and bestows wisdom on my walk of life, illuminating a path before my feet. 

Thank you for my children, whom bring such joy and strife. For their ability to metaphorically and  literally keep me alive without even knowing it, I give them thanks. For wrestles and tickles, laughter and sobs, love and hate, patience and humility, I give them thanks. The abilities they have to mould in me a desire to become better. Like little mirrors they reflect, into my very being, the child within, the hurts, the joys, the longings and more. I want so bad to be a child alongside them. I want so bad to play with the lost child within. 

Thank for who I am, though I know not entirely who that may be. Though, I feel that who I am, is my worst enemy. Give me strength, in order that I may make peace with me in grace, love and honesty.

Thank you for all that I have. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!


Be thankful for the bad things that happen in life. For they open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before. 
author unknown

8 comments:

grant said...

If this were on Facebook I could click "Like"

Philip A. said...

Thanks, I'm glad you "Liked" it.

Anonymous said...

So did I; we probably are all our own worst enemies, so I can relate - always thinking I can or should do different or better. But to be thankful is very hard, so it was great to be reminded of that need and what can stop me from meeting that need within myself. Just to get out of my own head and back into me heart - geez!
Hope it was a good day for both/all of you.
Miriam

Philip A. said...

Miriam: We just watched a movie, one we were previewing for the kids, called "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole." and while I don't think the kids are ready for it, I enjoyed it. One of the lessons, that really resonated with me, dealt with the balance between heart and mind, that, most often then not, ones wisest decision is to go with ones gut.

Hope you and yours enjoyed the weekend also.

Kmarie said...

Sigh. This melted my heart. That is all I can say. Your words gave me life. I understand.

Philip A. said...

Kmarie:

I mean every WORD!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was nice to meet you last weekend, hopefully i didn't discourage you with my cynical views of the world :) nice blog also, keep in touch!

Steve

Philip A. said...

Great meeting you also. I really enjoyed our conversation and fellowship. It was refreshing! Hopefully we can do it again sometime!